We are very happy to announce that the prize winners in our 2021 Open Competition, judged by Rishi Dastidar, are as follows:
- The Mundane Borders on Evil by Ryan Murphy
- Elegy for two placentas by Vanessa Lampert
- california by Kit Radford
JOINT FOURTH PLACE
- Impossible Titles by Marion Tracy
- The Magical World of the Strands by Mark Harrison
- Jimmy by Deborah Thwaites
- We have put him in the cellar for safekeeping by Rowan Lyster
The judge also wanted to recognise two poems as Commended
- Ghost by Claire Collison
- Etiquette for Living with Angels by Alex Toms
We’d like to thank Rishi for judging the competition, which entailed reviewing 2440 poems entered by 1093 poets. Thank you to all who entered, and congratulations to Ryan and the other prize winners.
We’ll be posting his report, as well as the prize winning poems, on this website in the following days.