PLANNING FOR THE TUNBRIDGE WELLS POETRY FESTIVAL HAS BEEN SUSPENDED, DUE TO COVID-19. WE’LL TAKE STOCK AS THINGS BECOME CLEARER AND CONSIDER A DATE LATER THIS YEAR OR SIMPLY FOCUS ON AN EVEN BETTER EVENT IN 2021.
In June 2020, the Kent & Sussex Poetry Society is organising a poetry festival in Tunbridge Wells. Centred on Tunbridge Wells itself, but also encompassing events in nearby communities, the festival will promote local poets through a series of events such as:
– A Poetry Supper, complete with readings by well known local poets
– A day of poetry performance on the Pantiles bandstand, with something for everyone
– Pam Slam: a Variety Bill of words and music, with sketches and monologues and everything in-between.
– An evening of original new poetry set to original new music in King Charles the Martyr Church
– Compleat Charlie. Musings on Life, Death and Other Silliness. An evening of poetry, prose and music pondering on life and the process of getting older and wiser.
– A series of themed poetry workshops exploring poetry inspired by art; poetry exploring consciousness and the brain; poetry as a tool for wellbeing; and finally, a poetry workshop for children.
– An open mic evening with the Kent & Sussex Poetry Society
– My favourite poem: bring along your favourite poem to share
– A Poetry Wall, displaying some of our members’ high quality work, in one of the town shopping areas
These will run between 11-21 June, 2020, with the majority of events happening in the run up to, and during, midsummer weekend of 20-21 June. Further details will be added to this page in due course, and can also be found at the Tunbridge Wells Poetry Festival website.
It also has its own Twitter account, of course, where you can follow us as we announce the details of these and more events over the coming weeks: @TWPoetryFest